- 06 stycznia 2016Malware found in power suppliers' systems may be responsible for causing a massive power outage in Ukraine.
- 17 grudnia 2015SMBs accounted for 45% of all incidents involving PoS malware in Q3 2015, but malware isn't the only thing that retailers have to worry about. PoS machines can be compromised even before they get installed.
- 01 grudnia 2015Hilton Worldwide is the latest target of a security breach in the hospitality industry, as PoS malware was used to compromise payment card data over a 17-week period.
- 26 listopada 2015The recent US rollout of the EMV standard has America looking at their new cards, wondering what this new technology can do. With this new payment processing method, will we finally see a decline in fraudulent credit card activities?
- 24 listopada 2015Starwood hotels' point-of-sale (PoS) systems were found to be infected with info-stealing malware, compromising cardholder info and payment card numbers.
- 17 listopada 2015From big data breaches to attacks on mobile and PoS platforms, What can we learn from the past quarter's notable security stories? Are they early signs of bigger events to come?
- 05 listopada 2015A new crypto-ransomware variant is reportedly raising the stakes by threatening to publish its victims online if the ransom isn't paid. Can it actually do it or is it just a clever threat to force victims to pay up?
- 03 listopada 2015The explosion of data breaches and PoS RAM scrapers have shown that retailers will continue to be a prime target of attackers. Senior threat researcher Numaan Huq sheds more light on PoS malware, and other future threats.
- 03 listopada 2015PageFair confirmed a hack last Halloween weekend that rendered visitors of sites that used its free analytics service vulnerable to malware attacks.