Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- 21 listopada 2019A new botnet is being spread among Linux-based servers running the system configuration tool Webmin.
- 20 listopada 2019The official Monero site was found compromised after discovering a coin stealer malware in the CLI wallet that is available for download in the site. Evidence showed that the downloadable wallets were tampered with to contain the malware.
- 15 listopada 2019The AnteFrigus ransomware is delivered via a malvertising campaign to lure victims to the RIG exploit kit server, while the PureLocker ransomware, has been observed to launch targeted attacks against enterprise production servers.
YouTube Videos Promise Private Key Generator for Bitcoin Addresses, Lead Users to Info-stealing Trojan Instead13 listopada 2019YouTube videos were being used in a scam to deliver an information-stealing Trojan called Predator the Thief.
- 11 listopada 2019Another company has disclosed that that they were hit by a ransomware attack, this time involving the encryption of the customer data of SmarterASP.net, a popular hosting service provider for ASP.NET.
- 07 listopada 2019An Android bug allows threat actors to transfer a malicious application to a nearby Near Field Communication (NFC)-enabled device via the Android Beam.
Ransomware Attacks Hit Spanish Companies, Paralyzes Government Services in Canadian Territory of Nunavut05 listopada 2019Ransomware made headlines again, starting with a campaign that hit companies in Spain, including Cadena SER, the country’s largest radio network. In another part of the globe, threat actors managed to infect government systems in Nunavut.
- 31 października 2019Almost 4,000 domains and 62 phishing kit variants used to target Microsoft users were uncovered within an observation window of 262 days, according to new report.
- 29 października 2019Esports competitions continue to gain momentum, making the entities involved more attractive targets for cybercrime.