Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- 30 kwietnia 2020Many attackers are switching from file-based malware to memory-based attacks to improve their stealth. “Fileless,” “zero-footprint,” or “living off the land” threats use legitimate applications to carry out malicious activities.
- 28 kwietnia 2020We recently acquired a spam sample that propagates the Loki infostealer through LZH compressed archive files.
- 27 kwietnia 2020A campaign propagates a new malware named ‘BazarBackdoor’, a fileless backdoor reportedly created by the same threat actors behind TrickBot.
- 22 kwietnia 2020Is your work-from-home set up secure? Here are a few signs to know if your devices have been hacked or infected with malware.
- 22 kwietnia 2020A variant of Loki info stealer that we detected through our honeypot is propagated as Windows CAB file email attachments. It uses process hollowing to evade detection.
- 20 kwietnia 2020Maze ransomware, notorious for not just encrypting but for stealing victims’ data, attacks a US IT firm. The company sent emails to customers which include IP addresses and file hashes that have been linked to previous Maze attacks.
- 17 kwietnia 2020Cybercriminals behind Nemty ransomware close down their Ransomware-as-a-Service (RaaS) operation as they zero in on private schemes. This is confirmed through a post in a Russian hacker forum.
- 16 kwietnia 2020Fake installers of popular messaging apps such as Viber and WhatsApp are propagated via fraudulent Russian websites. The installers are believed to be adware.
- 13 kwietnia 2020Researchers detected the “Twin Flower” campaign that simulates increased clicks to boost network traffic, boosting SEO ranking and advertising revenue.