- March 16, 2023The zero trust security model, which assumes that everything and everyone is a potential threat, is a relatively new approach to security that is becoming increasingly popular, especially in and for cloud-native environments.
- March 16, 2023In this article, we briefly detail what IPFS is and how it works at the user level, before providing up to date statistics about the current usage of IPFS by cybercriminals, especially for hosting phishing content. We will also discuss emerging new cybercrime activities abusing the IPFS protocol and detail how cybercriminals already consider IPFS for their deeds.
- March 15, 2023Backed by threat actors from Conti, Royal ransomware is poised to wreak havoc in the threat landscape, starting strong by taking a spot among the most prolific ransomware groups within three months since it was first reported. Combining new and old techniques and quick evolution, it is likely to remain a big player in the threat landscape in the future.
- March 07, 2023Our annual cybersecurity report sheds light on the major security concerns that surfaced and prevailed in 2022.
- February 28, 2023A look into the cybercriminal gender gap, the status and perceptions on gender profiles in the underground, and the role assumptions have for law enforcement.
- February 23, 2023Our research paper shows how decision-makers that are in a position to affect ransomware at scale – including policy-makers and industry leaders – can use data-science approaches to understand ransomware risk holistically and build cybersecurity strategies that can affect the ransomware ecosystem as a whole.
- February 21, 2023We discuss the essential features of the ransomware threat landscape in the fourth quarter of 2022. Our data reveals a key pattern throughout 2022: Established ransomware groups preferred to target small and midsize organizations in North America and Europe.
- January 26, 2023The Magniber ransomware initially targeted only Asian countries when it was first detected in 2017. However, it resurfaced in 2021 and continues to operate today with expanded targets around the globe. Magniber remains a significant player in the threat landscape, with malicious attackers likely to continue using the ransomware in future.
- January 05, 2023In this report, we examine how these low-level threats have evolved through the years and discuss the three types of low-level threats that affect Windows systems. The categorization of more than 60 of the most noteworthy Windows low-level threats observed in the wild from 2015 to 2022 and where these threats stand in today’s threat landscape are discussed.