Securing Home Routers
- 24 października 2019Researchers recently demonstrated how security issues in Amazon Alexa Google Home devices can be abused to phish and eavesdrop on their owners. Here's what you need to know.
- 04 kwietnia 2019Trend Micro researchers uncovered a new variant of the notorious Mirai malware that uses multiple exploits to target various routers and internet-of-things devices.
- 27 lutego 2018Routers are the gateways to all internet-connected devices in homes. They could also be potentially welcoming a bevy of home network threats risking users’ information and security. Here we review the most noteworthy home network security events of 2017.
Compromising Industrial Robots: The Fallacy of Industrial Routers in the Industry 4.0 Ecosystem [blog]03 maja 2017Industrial routers can be used to gain access to robot controllers and other industrial machines. Having them exposed can lead to serious consequences for organizations and businesses.
- 31 stycznia 2017Cybercriminals can turn unsecure home routers into slaves for their botnets or even abuse them to steal banking credentials. Know about your router’s hidden weaknesses and the many ways you can defend your homes and businesses against these threats.
- 31 stycznia 2017What makes routers susceptible to attacks? Users normally overlook the important fact that their routers serve as entryways to all connected devices.
- 20 grudnia 2016A major vulnerability was discovered in several popular Netgear routers that could leave thousands of home networking devices exposed to arbitrary command injection.
- 14 grudnia 2016The emergence of IoT botnets brought to the fore the importance of securing IoT devices and routers. These devices can turn into zombies and become part of the botnets, which can then be used to perpetrate DDoS attacks.
- 28 maja 2016How are cybercriminals using routers to obtain user information? Domain Name System (DNS) changer malware can be used on routers to redirect users to malicious versions of legitimate sites.