Device Maintenance is More Than Just Fixing Issues
View infographic: All Systems Go
When your computer takes ages to load a single app or web page, it’s probably time for a tune-up.
Think of your computer as a car. While it’s new, it runs smoothly. You get to enjoy revving it up and taking it around for leisure cruises. But after years of constant use and exposure to the elements, there will come a time when it will slow down, sputter, and die on the side of road, leaving you stranded.
Much like cars, devices need regular maintenance to keep performing at their peak. Neglecting to do so will result in the exact scenario above. If a car breaks down, you’re stuck. If your device breaks down, whatever work you’re doing is stalled, and all your data stored in it is lost in limbo.
Very often, users neglect fine-tuning their computers because they see no pressing need for it. Perhaps they have this firm belief in the saying “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” As long as a device does what it’s supposed to do, it’s fine. But what if starts getting wonky? What if it’s already too wonky you no longer have the power to fix it? You don’t just perform device maintenance because you need to fix problems; you actually do it to prevent these issues from even happening.
If you’ve been putting off tuning-up your device, now is the best time to start. There are three ways you can do it:
- Free up your hard drive. The more files you have in your system, the greater the strain on your disk space. Start backing up and chucking out the files you no longer need to give more room for the things you’re currently working on.
- Check what's running. You need to be aware of all the programs and processes running on your computer. Maybe you have apps in the background that are eating up a huge chunk of your device’s memory and consuming your battery power. Take note if they really need to be running. If not, disable them.
- Maximize your tools. Your computer has built-in tools that will help you with the tune-up. Use them. They can make the process a whole lot easier.
All Systems Go gives you a more detailed sketch on how you can make the most of your device by tuning it up.
Like it? Add this infographic to your site:
1. Click on the box below. 2. Press Ctrl+A to select all. 3. Press Ctrl+C to copy. 4. Paste the code into your page (Ctrl+V).
Image will appear the same size as you see above.
- Ransomware Spotlight: TargetCompany
- Email Threat Landscape Report: Cybercriminal Tactics, Techniques That Organizations Need to Know
- Preventing an Imminent Ransomware Attack With Early Detection and Investigation
- Inside the Halls of a Cybercrime Business
- Securing Cloud-Native Environments with Zero Trust: Real-World Attack Cases