Business Email Compromise
- June 09, 2016Business Email Compromise schemes are one of the biggest threats to companies to date. One carefully crafted email sent to the right person can cost a company millions of dollars. How is it done and what makes it so effective?
- June 09, 2016It should not come as a surprise that company executives (particularly the CEO and President) and other revered high-level employees get to be impersonated often for criminal reasons.
- June 08, 2016For the many medium to large size companies interested in a single vendor suite solution that features cross-solution visibility and manageability, Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Complete is an excellent choice.
- May 26, 2016Austria-based Fischer Advanced Composite Components AG (FACC), a major designer and manufacturer of aircraft components and systems, falls prey to a business email compromise (BEC) scheme that cost the company over 42 million euros in losses.
- May 06, 2016The latest BEC incident involves an employee at an investment firm getting tricked into transferring nearly half a million dollars to a Hong Kong bank account.
- April 08, 2016Following a spate of attacks on the healthcare industry, the education sector, and other service providers, personalized attacks embraced by profit-driven scammers are now utilizing various malware.
- April 07, 2016The FBI issues a public warning on the surge of Business Email Compromise and online dating scams seen in recent reports.
- March 24, 2016Tax information of 21,000 employees of Sprouts Farmers Market are at risk after a phishing attack successfully lured a payroll employee to send 2015 W-2 forms to an unknown recipient.
- March 17, 2016A new Business Email Compromise (BEC) campaign has been found using $25 malware to target companies in the US, Middle East and Asia.