Business Email Compromise
- June 20, 2017How do we distinguish Business Process Compromise (BPC) from targeted attacks? Can Business Email Compromise (BEC) be considered BPC? All three share similarities, but knowing their distinctions can help enterprises fine-tune their defensive measures.
- February 28, 2017The 2016 threat landscape was riddled with threats that set new record highs: new ransomware families, BEC scams across the world, and vulnerabilities found in widely used platforms. Stay ahead of the current business threats with our latest security roundup.
- January 30, 2017Organizations can step up their defenses against CEO fraud by knowing how to identify the signs that an e-mail is being used for the scam. What are the signs to watch out for?
- January 30, 2017Email remains an important communication tool for business organizations. Unfortunately, its widespread use also makes it an ideal platform for cybercrime. Here are some tips for dealing with email-based threats.
- December 06, 2016The plateau of ransomware, more business process compromise, and the boom of cyberpropaganda—what big security concerns should we expect in 2017?
- September 21, 2016A Wall Street technology firm was sued by investment firm, Tillage after losing $6M in a Business Email Compromise (BEC) scam reportedly due to the negligence of the former’s employee.
- August 25, 2016The local council of the Australian city of Brisbane was targeted by scammers through fake invoices over the past month.
- August 23, 2016Ransomware and BEC scams lead the wave of threats that are turning 2016 into the Year of Online Extortion. Learn how these have changed the landscape and how organizations can protect themselves in our midyear security roundup.
- June 16, 2016The FBI has released another public service announcement addressing the sudden spike in the pernicious business email compromise (BEC) scams.