Business Email Compromise
- March 15, 2019As cybersecurity technology becomes better at detecting email-based threats, attackers continue to employ leveled up social engineering tactics – such as phishing – to increase the likelihood of users falling for fraud, identity theft, or spoofing.
- March 04, 2019To provide organizations a comprehensive view of the email threat landscape, we look at notable occurrences of advanced email threats used by cybercriminals as well as advanced security techniques that can effectively defend against them.
- February 26, 2019Looking back at the most significant issues of 2018, we saw shifting cybercriminal strategies and lingering security threats. Enterprises faced a multitude of challenges, but careful study of these issues can present opportunities for improvement.
- December 19, 2018As of 2018, global losses to BEC have exceeded US$12 billion. To keep abreast of the landscape that scammers are operating in, we look back on some of the noteworthy incidents and trends that made BEC a headline staple this year.
- October 18, 2018Continued innovations in mobile technology enable businesses to respond to growing demands. Here are some best practices to make sure that the whole enterprise is protected against constantly evolving threats.
- September 05, 2018Cybercriminals hack legitimate email accounts to enter the IT premises of an organization and carry out attacks ranging from fraud and spying to information and identity theft. Find out how AI and machine learning can be used to outsmart email hackers.
- August 28, 2018A review of the first half of 2018 shows a threat landscape that not only has constant and familiar features but also has morphing and uncharted facets: Ever-present threats steadily grew while emerging ones used stealth.
- July 18, 2018The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) issued a public service announcement (PSA) regarding the continued increase of Business Email Compromise (BEC) scams, which total global losses have already reached over US$12 billion in 2018.
- May 21, 2018Cybersecurity awareness can help effectively fill security gaps to prevent business email compromise (BEC) scams from succeeding.