- 20 Dezember 2017A year that saw major data breaches, including some notable ones from companies like Uber and Equifax, just saw another breach that will likely rank as among 2017’s most notable incidents.
- 04 Dezember 2017This is the season when cybercriminals take advantage of eager holiday shoppers across the globe. Travelers and online shoppers are targets this year, and the rise in social media scams is also a cause for concern.
- 04 Dezember 2017Bill-payment processor company TIO Networks, recently acquired by PayPal, suffered a data breach incident early this month. Social security numbers, names and addresses were included in the data compromised.
- 01 Dezember 2017Clarksons announced that it suffered a data breach and warned that hackers might release stolen information soon. The UK shipping services provider did not disclose the size or type of the compromised data, or if any of it belonged to its customers.
- 30 November 2017Classified information from the NSA and US Army was left exposed on a misconfigured cloud server. Over 100 gigabytes of data about old intelligence-sharing projects was found on an unsecured and public Amazon Web Service (AWS) storage server.
- 20 November 2017UK pawnbroker Cash Converters revealed that it was the victim of a data breach that could have exposed sensitive data, including customer usernames, passwords, delivery addresses, and other personal details
- 06 November 2017A misconfigured Amazon S3 bucket has accidentally compromised 48,270 personally identifiable information (PII) from Australian employees working in government agencies, banks, and a utility company.
- 10 Oktober 2017Disqus announced that a past data breach affecting millions of user accounts occurred, while details on 2014 data breaches from Bitly and Kickstarter were also disclosed.
- 04 Oktober 2017Yahoo! announced that all three billion of its user accounts were compromised in a 2013 data breach, dwarfing an earlier figure of one billion exposed accounts.