- 07 Juli 2014The iPhone 6 September release became the subject of spammed messages that is actually a scam.
- 06 Juli 2014The Internet of Everything may be the current mega trend for buyers and vendors of smart systems and gadgets. However, Trend Micro CTO Raimund Genes warns IoE users and developers alike to keep data security in mind.
- 02 Juli 2014A new strain of KIVARS malware used in targeted attacks now also works on 64-bit versions of Windows systems. This shows that threat actors remain attentive to the public's steady adoption of 64-bit processing systems.
- 01 Juli 2014Conficker/DOWNAD-affected computers have been observed to send spam that deliver other malware. In the second quarter of 2014, Trend Micro records show that over 40% of recorded spam data is attributed to Conficker/DOWNAD.
- 01 Juli 2014Isolated heap, a method where IE prepares an isolated heap for objects in IE that are prone to the use-after-free vulnerability. Isolated heap does a number of steps in occupying the memory space vacated by the object.
- 25 Juni 2014Attackers have found a new use for Dropbox, apart from just hosting malware. This new tactic uses the PlugX remote access tool to download its C&C server settings using the free file storing service.
- 21 Juni 2014Signs operated by the North Carolina Department of Transportation were recently compromised by a hacker who changed them to read “Hacked by Sun Hacker Twitt Wth Me.”
- 18 Juni 2014Smart devices are becoming more available via broadband provider bundles and promotions, making it easy for consumers to shift from “dumb to smart.” We consider how tangible benefits and ease of use come to play with the adoption of smart technology.
- 17 Juni 2014A pattern emerges from the document exploits recently used by HORSMY, ESILE, FARFLI, and other targeted campaigns. Likely sourced in cybercriminal underground markets, this template exploit can be modified depending on what attackers need from their targets.