- 17 Juli 2014OpenWireless.org may have good intentions with its project to make routers, via firmware, that open wireless access to those near its range. However, this initiative carries critical risks that cannot be ignored.
- 17 Juli 2014Use-After-Free exploits are now unheard of. Thanks to “delay free,“ an improvement deployed by Microsoft on Internet Explorer 11. With this improvement, timing to occupy freed object space becomes difficult to find for an attacker.
- 16 Juli 2014In an ideal world, IT administrators go out of their way to protect the organization's information. However, even IT admins are prone to misconceptions that leave organizations vulnerable to attacks.
- 15 Juli 2014Repackaged apps use lures such as using a legitimate/popular app's icon or name. This method allows these malicious apps to thrive in app stores other than Google Play. Trend Micro research shows that repackaged apps are crucial in proliferation of mobile malw
- 14 Juli 2014There is no silver bullet that can handle all targeted attacks that prey on organizations with varying security demands. In this article, we discuss the use of heuristics and sandboxing as complementary technologies that can go a long way against attacks.
- 13 Juli 2014Phishing sites, scams, and fake mobile apps - these are some of the cybercriminal schemes Trend Micro researchers found when huge sporting events are underway.
- 10 Juli 2014We used to identify cybercriminals distinctly by the underground communities they belong to - Russia-based, Latin America-based, etc. In recent years, however, a significant shift in cybercrime operations brought to light the fact that these entities are now w
- 08 Juli 201423 reported vulnerabilities affecting Internet Explorer versions 6 to 11 are now resolved thanks to the July 2014 patch. Microsoft issues a total of six security bulletins - patches for various products and Windows operating system components.
- 07 Juli 2014Trend Micro finds an alarming connection between malware and an adware host: a known adware company's server was found to contain MEVADE/SEFNIT malware.