- 06 August 2014In 2013, retail chain Target was reportedly victimized by point-of-sales malware. After that, PoS malware creators show no signs of slowing as they continue to manufacture variant after variant.
- 05 August 2014If an attacker successfully exploits a vulnerability we found in older versions of Spotify for Android, the attacker can use this vulnerability to phish data. Spotify's prompt action to patch this vulnerability protects its users from this threat.
- 05 August 2014Domain Generation Algorithm (DGA) is used by most malware to mask C&C activities. ZeuS/ZBOT variants of Gameover has upped the ante by employing a different DGA technique that makes detection more difficult.
- 04 August 2014Evernote issues a patch for its Android app has been found to be vulnerable. In the course of our investigation, however, we found another vulnerability that Evernote has to look at.
- 04 August 2014As big-named companies start using bitcoins for payment, cybercriminals follow suit. Exploiting bitcoin use is not new. Trend Micro CTO Raimund Genes expounds on the potential security issues of bitcoin use.
- 01 August 2014Like a thousand ways to skin a cat, there are a number of ways malware avoid detection. POWELIKS malware, for example, hides in the Windows registry. Trend Micro analyzes its behavior and makes sure that customers are safe from this malware.
- 31 Juli 2014People who want to secure their mobile data has likely either encountered or are using file locker apps. However, Trend Micro research shows that not all file locker apps work as advertised.
- 30 Juli 2014Cryptoblocker is seen spreading in the US, France, and Japan, among other countries. New ransomware variants, on the other hand, are cropping up in the wild. Trend Micro investigates these malware further.
- 30 Juli 2014A backdoor was at the tail-end of the July 2013 Gizmodo Brazil website compromise. Said backdoor was hosted in Google Drive, a legitimate Google service.