Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- July 05, 2017One of the largest cryptocurrency exchange platforms in the world was hacked, with thousands of user accounts compromised.
- July 05, 2017The Petya and WannaCry outbreaks still dominate the conversation, but there are also new ransomware to watch out for.
- July 04, 2017A social engineering attack shut down a popular Ethereum Classic wallet. But apart from this type of attack there are more sophisticated threats on the landscape.
- June 28, 2017The Petya ransomware family has reemerged, becoming one of the most impactful yet. Is it similar to WannaCry? Does it have a kill switch? Here are some frequently asked questions about the threat.
- June 28, 2017This week another major outbreak in Europe reminds businesses and users all over the globe to be vigilant about their ransomware defense. Along with this new variant of Petya, new mobile ransomware surface as well.
- June 21, 2017The re-emergence of an Erebus ransomware variant last week became the latest high-profile ransomware attack after WannaCry. That and the surfacing of other relatively benign ransomware variants make up this week's recap.
- June 21, 2017Identity theft is currently a gold mine for cybercriminals—one that reached an all-time high in 2016, with up to $16 billion worth of losses caused by fraud and identity theft. But what exactly happens with the stolen information?
- June 20, 2017How do we distinguish Business Process Compromise (BPC) from targeted attacks? Can Business Email Compromise (BEC) be considered BPC? All three share similarities, but knowing their distinctions can help enterprises fine-tune their defensive measures.
- June 15, 2017The activity of Hidden Tear variants have been on the rise since March this year and there seems to be no signs of it stopping. Two more HT-based variants popped up this week.