Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- August 31, 2017Hackers abused a bug in Instagram’s API and gained access to prominent users’ contact information. The company confirmed that email addresses and phone numbers were stolen.
- August 30, 2017Email is a major entry point for all kinds of threats. Onliner is a massive operation that uses account data harvested from previous breaches to spread malware.
- August 30, 2017While all organizations from the largest multinational corporation to smaller single proprietorship businesses are vulnerable to security risks, Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs) are particularly exposed to malicious attacks.
- August 25, 2017On August 25, 2017, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) arrested one of the people suspected of using the same malware linked to the OPM data theft.
- August 25, 2017This primer discusses how Business Email Compromise makes inroads in small- to medium-sized businesses and enterprises and how to avoid being a victim of this billion-dollar scam.
- August 24, 2017A new attack targeting Ukraine uses a compromised web server to deliver malware.
- August 23, 2017Cryptocurrency exchange Enigma came under attack just a few weeks before a highly anticipated Initial Coin Offering (ICO) as the company warned that certain accounts in their system were compromised.
- August 18, 2017Our latest ransomware sightings—from Locky and SAMSAM to HiddenTear—show how old wines in new bottles can still be credible threats.
- August 18, 2017KOVTER is one example of a constantly evolving malware. Initially starting out as a police ransomware, it eventually evolved into a much more effective and evasive fileless malware. Here is a closer look at KOVTER, and how organizations can lessen its impact.