Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- September 19, 2017The Pirate Bay users might have gotten more than they bargained for, as the website was discovered to be using the computers of its visitors to generate coins for the Monero digital currency as a means of additional income.
- September 18, 2017The Equifax data breach reportedly exposed personally identifiable information of 143 million individuals. What can you do and how do you reduce the risks if you're affected?
- September 18, 2017A new technique that leverages Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) could allow attackers to bypass security solutions installed in the user’s system.
- September 15, 2017This week's recap covers CRYPSHED, as well as a campaign that delivers both LOCKY and FAKEGLOBE.
- September 07, 2017A new barrage of ransom attacks targeted MongoDB databases, affecting tens of thousands of servers.
- September 05, 2017CeX, a UK company, has informed over two million of its customers that they have recently been subject to an online security breach.
- September 05, 2017ATM malware has become a mainstay in many cybercriminals’ arsenal due to its capability to steal money. In our joint efforts with Europol’s EC3, we explain in detail how criminals continue to leverage different ATM malware families and attack types.
- September 05, 2017Legitimate tools used by IT/system administrators have become valuable cybercriminal targets because of the privilege they provide for greater network access. Here are some best practices for mitigating the abuse of sysadmin tools.