News & Updates
- August 04, 2023This report discusses how malicious actors will be able to deploy harpoon whaling attacks, which are highly targeted whaling attacks on specific groups of powerful and high-ranking individuals, by abusing AI tools.
- July 27, 2023This article, the final part of a two-part series, focuses on the details of our technical findings and analyses of select residential proxies and CAPTCHA-solving services.
- July 21, 2023Play is shaping up to be a player on the rise within the ransomware landscape, with its operators likely to continue using the ransomware in future. We take a deep dive into its operations and offer ways in which organizations can shore up their defenses against this emerging threat.
- July 20, 2023We discuss threats posed by phishing attacks that use CAPTCHA evasion techniques and provide a security framework to tackle such threats.
- July 11, 2023The lack of encryption and authentication mechanisms in the GTP-U protocol between base stations and 5GC UPFs could allow cybercriminals to use a packet reflection vulnerability to carry out attacks on 5G devices in internal networks.
- June 28, 2023This article gives an overview of the elements of virtual kidnapping and how malicious actors use social engineering tactics and abuse AI voice cloning tools and ChatGPT to launch these attacks.
- June 26, 2023This article, the first of a two-part series, provides insights on how abusers and cybercriminals use residential proxies and CAPTCHA-solving services to enable bots, scrapers, and stuffers, and proposes security countermeasures for organizations.
- June 22, 2023This report delves into the nature of pig-butchering scams, how scammers carry out their operations, the new pig-butchering tactics we’ve observed in the wild, and what individuals can do to avoid falling for these fraudulent investments and dealing with massive amounts of debt.
- June 05, 2023We detail everything you need to know about TargetCompany, a ransomware family with different monickers, including the evolution of its attack flow as it cemented its place in the threat landscape.