- June 09, 2016Business Email Compromise schemes are one of the biggest threats to companies to date. One carefully crafted email sent to the right person can cost a company millions of dollars. How is it done and what makes it so effective?
- May 27, 2016Millions of Amazon.com customers are advised to be on guard with latest reports of a massive phishing campaign targeting users of the popular e-commerce platform with the Locky ransomware.
- May 27, 2016Scam artist behind the hacking of Google and Apple accounts pleads guilty on using phishing schemes to target victims.
- May 26, 2016Austria-based Fischer Advanced Composite Components AG (FACC), a major designer and manufacturer of aircraft components and systems, falls prey to a business email compromise (BEC) scheme that cost the company over 42 million euros in losses.
- May 06, 2016The latest BEC incident involves an employee at an investment firm getting tricked into transferring nearly half a million dollars to a Hong Kong bank account.
- April 07, 2016The IRS issued another security warning regarding an uptick of phishing cases targeting residents of Washington D.C., Maryland, and Virginia.
- April 04, 2016Tax information thieves are on the prowl—yet again—with attacks that continue to trick organizations into giving up W-2 tax information.
- March 29, 2016A spear-phishing attack on Tidewater Community College compromised tax information of 3,000 employees, exposing them risks of tax fraud.
- March 24, 2016Tax information of 21,000 employees of Sprouts Farmers Market are at risk after a phishing attack successfully lured a payroll employee to send 2015 W-2 forms to an unknown recipient.