- June 16, 2015Videogame mods are used as a way to tweak how a game looks, feels, and works. While not inherently bad, game mods do come with a fair share of risks. Case in point: recent incidents show that they're also being used as a way to deliver malware.
- May 06, 2015Phishing continues to be a popular method used by cybercriminals to trick users into giving out their personal information and credentials. Before you become a victim, learn about popular phishing techniques, and how to spot a phishing attempt.
- May 01, 2015In a recent malvertising incident, Trend Micro threat analysts Dark Luo and Kenney Lu found that cybercriminals are using paid ads to victimize customers of a top cloud provider.
- March 19, 2015This research paper offers a look into the activities and methods used by Rocket Kitten, a group behind cyber attacks on Israeli and European organizations
- March 17, 2015Online and offline threats abound during tax season. The latest: calls from fake IRS agents taking advantage of unsuspecting victims, reportedly scaring their victims into paying up.
- February 20, 2015Certain consumer-grade Lenovo laptop models shipped out between September and December 2014 came pre-installed with Superfish, a visual search technology that not only exhibits adware behaviors, but also allows cybercriminals to snoop in secure communications
- November 21, 2014Thanksgiving and shopping holidays are coming up, but cybercriminals work overtime during this season. This year, take the safe route and learn how you can avoid spam email and other online threats.
- November 13, 2014Operation Huyao is a phishing attack that targets online shoppers without having to create a copy of the legitimate website. Before starting your online shopping spree, know how you can shop safely during the coming holidays.
- October 31, 2014This Halloween, we’ve rounded up ten of the scariest tactics cybercriminals use to trick users into clicking on malicious links, open suspicious attachments, install fake software, and more.