- February 08, 2018Scammers have found ways to give the rather dated Nigerian Prince scam a new twist: Abuse social media to steal cryptocurrency such as ethereum or bitcoin.
- February 06, 2018A new cryptocurrency-mining malware was uncovered targeting macOS systems: — OSX.CreativeUpdate Here's what you need to know.
- February 05, 2018Cryptocurrency startup Bee Token confirmed that scammers conned its investors out of at least $928,000 worth of ethereum when it ran its initial coin offering (ICO)
- January 29, 2018Coincheck suffers a massive cryptocurrency hack while Experty users are tricked into buying a false ICO. What does this mean for the safety of cryptocurrency investors?
- January 24, 2018A recent campaign was found using social engineering methods to take advantage of the increasing hype and visibility of cryptocurrencies via a fictional cryptocurrency called SpriteCoin, which is used as a ransomware lure for unsuspecting users.
- January 19, 2018A new Satori variant was found hacking into Claymore mining rigs and changing configurations to mine Ethereum cryptocurrency.
- January 15, 2018In a recent incident, attackers targeted the Stellar Lumen (XLM) cryptocurrency by compromising the DNS server for BlackWallet.co, a web-based wallet application for XLM.
- January 10, 2018As Ethereum currently sells for over $1,200 per coin, a new ransomware variant that appears to be the first to accept the currency as ransom payment surfaces.
- January 09, 2018Security researchers discovered an installer for a Monero miner intended to transmit the cryptocurrency to Kim Il Sung University (KSU), North Korea. Meanwhile, a Reddit user found a Monero miner in the BlackBerry mobile site.