- 31 März 2016A new ransomware variant called SAMSAM was discovered targeting several hospitals.
- 31 März 2016Two more healthcare facilities fall to a crypto-ransomware attack as MedStar Health and Prime Healthcare get shut down by the cyber-extortion scheme.
- 25 März 2016Major security certification provider has been spreading TeslaCrypt, a ransomware that takes the victim’s files hostage via encryption. More details here.
- 24 März 2016Kentucky-based Methodist Hospital announced a ransomware attack that led to an “internal state of emergency.”
- 18 März 2016The US Federal Bureau of Investigation posted a warning about ransomware targeting companies and enterprises. How serious is this threat?
- 07 März 2016KeRanger, believed to be the world's first ransomware specifically designed to infect OS X machines has been found piggybacking on a compromised installer of a BitTorrent client.
- 02 März 2016A new ransomware variant has been discovered encrypting online files, as CTB-Locker for Websites is found to have infected over 100 WordPress-powered sites.
- 23 Februar 2016Researchers have discovered that Ransomware is now making its way to open-source content management platform Joomla, shortly after a malvertising campaign has been found targeting WordPress-hosted websites.
- 19 Februar 2016A new crypto-ransomware type called Locky has been discovered riding on document-based macros and using infection techniques borrowed from the notorious banking malware DRIDEX.