Spot & Stop Misinformation on COVID-19
Managing Family Life Online Webinar 2
Recorded: April 29, 2020
This webinar explores the importance of being alert and aware of potential scams and health hoaxes. A step-by-step guide from NewsGuard explains how to evaluate whether something online is true or not so that we all play our part online to prevent scammers and purveyors of misinformation.
Hosted byLynette Owens, Founder & Global Director, Trend Micro ISKF ProgramGuest speakersJohn Gregory, Deputy Editor of Health for NewsGuard & Sarah Brandt, Vice President of News Literacy Programs for NewsGuard
Practical Advice, Useful Tips and Resources
- Listen to the recorded webinar where host Lynette Owens, Global founder and Director of Trend Micro’s ISKF program is joined by guests from NewsGuard to discuss this global issue.
- Read Lynette Owens’ blog on this topic.
- Download our top tips sheet.
Read our Blog
Download Top Tips
Tips to Spot and Stop Misinformation on COVID-19 (PDF)
- Coronavirus Misinformation Tracking Center
- A Parent’s Guide to Media Literacy by NAMLE and Trend Micro (PDF)
- The Top COVID-19 Vaccine Myths Spreading Online
- Trend Micro Check – Free tool to verify if something is malicious, unsafe or, misinformation online
Did you find this helpful?
Give us your feedback
- Setting Up Your Home
- Spot & Stop Misinformation on COVID-19
- Protect Your Family on Videochat Apps
- How to Handle Bullying When We're Always Online
- Dealing with Screentime Challenges
- Helping Kids Stay Safe While Gaming Online
- Social Media and Our Kids’ Lens of the World
- Back to School & Back Online
- Online Gaming Safety & Microsoft® Xbox
- Social Media & Social Causes
- Supporting Our Kids' Physical, Mental, and Digital Wellness
- Kids and Media Trends to Watch
- Raising Gamers: Teaching Kids to Play it Safe
- Selfie Safety: Helping Kids Prevent Risks with Cameras
- COVID-19: Finding Reliable Vaccine Information Online
- How Algorithms Perpetuate Inequality
- Representation and the Impact in Social Media
- Let’s Talk TikTok
- Bullying and Hate: How to Respond and Build Resilience in Kids
- Kids and Autism: Supporting Safe and Healthy Technology Use
- Advertising, Personal Information, and the Free Apps We Love