Raising Gamers: Teaching Kids to Play it Safe
Managing Family Life Online Webinar 13
Recorded: December 2, 2020
Practical Advice, Useful Tips, and Resources
The pandemic has fuelled a rise in online gaming among people of all ages. Are your kids begging for more time on Roblox, Minecraft, Fortnite, Among Us? Are you thinking of gifting the new Xbox or Playstation to your kids?
Trend Micro’s Lynette Owens is joined by guest, gamer and dad Matthew Hilgers, to hear how his younger gaming days are shaping the way he is raising his son to use online games. Learn about the issues and risks, and how to help your child have a healthy relationship with gaming. ASL interpretation was provided for this event.
The goal of the Managing Family Life Online Webinar Series is to empower parents, families and educators online. For more webinars, practical advice, top tips and useful online resources please visit our Webinars page.
Read our Blog
Download our Top Tips
Tips for Setting New Screen Time Rules (PDF)
Online Gaming Safety Tips for Kids (PDF)
- Play Games, Heal Kids - An Annual 24 hour Gaming marathon to raise money for children’s hospital. Everything from online games to board games included!
Did you find this helpful?
Give us your feedback
- Setting Up Your Home
- Spot & Stop Misinformation on COVID-19
- Protect Your Family on Videochat Apps
- How to Handle Bullying When We're Always Online
- Dealing with Screentime Challenges
- Helping Kids Stay Safe While Gaming Online
- Social Media and Our Kids’ Lens of the World
- Back to School & Back Online
- Online Gaming Safety & Microsoft® Xbox
- Social Media & Social Causes
- Supporting Our Kids' Physical, Mental, and Digital Wellness
- Kids and Media Trends to Watch
- Raising Gamers: Teaching Kids to Play it Safe
- Selfie Safety: Helping Kids Prevent Risks with Cameras
- COVID-19: Finding Reliable Vaccine Information Online
- How Algorithms Perpetuate Inequality
- Representation and the Impact in Social Media
- Let’s Talk TikTok
- Bullying and Hate: How to Respond and Build Resilience in Kids
- Kids and Autism: Supporting Safe and Healthy Technology Use
- Advertising, Personal Information, and the Free Apps We Love