Supporting Our Kids' Physical, Mental, and Digital Wellness
Managing Family Life Online Webinar 11
Recorded: October 21 2020
Our increased dependence on the internet for school, work, and connection to others has created both challenges and opportunities for all families. As we keep our children home and safe, how do we ensure their time online is safe and healthy, too? How do we ensure their technology use is healthy and does not negatively impact their mental and physical health?
Trend Micro’s Lynette Owens is joined by guest Dr. Michael Rich, Director, Center on Media and Child Health and Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School. Together they discuss everything from the essence of true friendships to how we build a global village where authenticity is at the core of social media, how to use it right and ‘connect’ with others. The goal of the Managing Family Life Online Webinar Series is to empower parents, families and educators online.
For more webinars, practical advice, top tips, and useful online resources please visit our Webinars page.
Did you find this helpful?
Give us your feedback
- Setting Up Your Home
- Spot & Stop Misinformation on COVID-19
- Protect Your Family on Videochat Apps
- How to Handle Bullying When We're Always Online
- Dealing with Screentime Challenges
- Helping Kids Stay Safe While Gaming Online
- Social Media and Our Kids’ Lens of the World
- Back to School & Back Online
- Online Gaming Safety & Microsoft® Xbox
- Social Media & Social Causes
- Supporting Our Kids' Physical, Mental, and Digital Wellness
- Kids and Media Trends to Watch
- Raising Gamers: Teaching Kids to Play it Safe
- Selfie Safety: Helping Kids Prevent Risks with Cameras
- COVID-19: Finding Reliable Vaccine Information Online
- How Algorithms Perpetuate Inequality
- Representation and the Impact in Social Media
- Let’s Talk TikTok
- Bullying and Hate: How to Respond and Build Resilience in Kids
- Kids and Autism: Supporting Safe and Healthy Technology Use
- Advertising, Personal Information, and the Free Apps We Love