Selfie Safety: Helping Kids Prevent Risks with Cameras
Managing Family Life Online Webinar 14
Recorded: December 16, 2020
Practical Advice, Useful Tips, and Resources
Selfies and videos are a fun, popular way for our kids to express themselves online. But what are the risks? And how do we help them use their cameras in the safest ways possible? Learn about the issues and risks, and how to help your child have a healthy relationship with their device and camera.
Listen to the live webinar recording hosted by Trend Micro’s Lynette Owens who discusses ‘Selfie Safety - Helping Kids Prevent Risks with Cameras’ with guest Michelle DeLaune; COO of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. ASL interpretation was provided for this event. ASL interpretation was provided for this event.
The goal of the Managing Family Life Online Webinar Series is to empower parents, families and educators online. For more webinars, practical advice, top tips and useful online resources please visit our Webinars page.
Read our Blog
Download our Top Tips
Tips for Setting New Screen Time Rules (PDF)
Online Gaming Safety Tips for Kids (PDF)
A Day in the Life of a Selfie
- Report Child Sexual Exploitation Online through Cybertip in the U.S. Find your local country hotline at inhope.org.
- NetSmartz Resources - Get resources for parents, educations, and children of all ages
- NetSmartz Into the Cloud - For children ages 10 and under; strategies for recognizing and reporting unsafe/inappropriate interactions and content
Did you find this helpful?
Give us your feedback
- Setting Up Your Home
- Spot & Stop Misinformation on COVID-19
- Protect Your Family on Videochat Apps
- How to Handle Bullying When We're Always Online
- Dealing with Screentime Challenges
- Helping Kids Stay Safe While Gaming Online
- Social Media and Our Kids’ Lens of the World
- Back to School & Back Online
- Online Gaming Safety & Microsoft® Xbox
- Social Media & Social Causes
- Supporting Our Kids' Physical, Mental, and Digital Wellness
- Kids and Media Trends to Watch
- Raising Gamers: Teaching Kids to Play it Safe
- Selfie Safety: Helping Kids Prevent Risks with Cameras
- COVID-19: Finding Reliable Vaccine Information Online
- How Algorithms Perpetuate Inequality
- Representation and the Impact in Social Media
- Let’s Talk TikTok
- Bullying and Hate: How to Respond and Build Resilience in Kids
- Kids and Autism: Supporting Safe and Healthy Technology Use
- Advertising, Personal Information, and the Free Apps We Love