Social Media & Social Causes
Managing Family Life Online Webinar 10
Recorded: October 7, 2020
While social media can be used to cause harm and sow division, it is more critical than ever to focus on all the good that can happen through it. Kids deserve to learn how to use social apps in ways that can help themselves, others and the world.
The Webinar is hosted by Trend Micro’s Lynette Owens, Founder and Global Director of the Internet Safety For Kids And Families Program with guest speakers Shaunelle Curry, CEO, Media Done Responsibly and Aleeyah Ward, Student Intern, Media Done Responsibly. Together they discuss effective ways to use social media to support the causes you and your kids care about. The goal of the Managing Family Life Online Webinar Series is to empower parents, families, and educators online.
For more webinars, practical advice, top tips, and useful online resources please visit our Webinars page.
Did you find this helpful?
Give us your feedback
- Setting Up Your Home
- Spot & Stop Misinformation on COVID-19
- Protect Your Family on Videochat Apps
- How to Handle Bullying When We're Always Online
- Dealing with Screentime Challenges
- Helping Kids Stay Safe While Gaming Online
- Social Media and Our Kids’ Lens of the World
- Back to School & Back Online
- Online Gaming Safety & Microsoft® Xbox
- Social Media & Social Causes
- Supporting Our Kids' Physical, Mental, and Digital Wellness
- Kids and Media Trends to Watch
- Raising Gamers: Teaching Kids to Play it Safe
- Selfie Safety: Helping Kids Prevent Risks with Cameras
- COVID-19: Finding Reliable Vaccine Information Online
- How Algorithms Perpetuate Inequality
- Representation and the Impact in Social Media
- Let’s Talk TikTok
- Bullying and Hate: How to Respond and Build Resilience in Kids
- Kids and Autism: Supporting Safe and Healthy Technology Use
- Advertising, Personal Information, and the Free Apps We Love