Social Media and Our Kids' Lens of the World
Managing Family Life Online Webinar 7
Recorded: June 17, 2020
Whether your kids are trying social media for the first time or have already used it for a while, its use in safe and healthy ways is so important at all times.
Trend Micro host, Lynette Owens discusses this with Christine Guthery, Founder and Executive Director, SPARK Kindness, area’s such as social media as a power for good, tackling loneliness, learning new hobbies, understanding and getting support for mental health, education, body image and much more.
Speaker and HostLynette Owens, Founder & Global Director, Trend Micro ISKF Program Guest speakerChristine Guthery, Founder and Executive Director, SPARK Kindness
Practical Advice, Useful Tips and Resources
- Listen to the live recording of the webinar; everything you need to know (and more) about social media and our kids lens of the world.
- Download our Top Tips sheet for safe and healthy social media use; everything from family privacy/safety settings to kindness and unplugging.
Read our Blog
Download our Top Tips
Tips for Safe and Healthy Social Media Use (PDF)
- Threats to the Esports Industry in 2019 and Beyond (PDF) - Trend Micro Whitepaper
Did you find this helpful?
Give us your feedback
- Setting Up Your Home
- Spot & Stop Misinformation on COVID-19
- Protect Your Family on Videochat Apps
- How to Handle Bullying When We're Always Online
- Dealing with Screentime Challenges
- Helping Kids Stay Safe While Gaming Online
- Social Media and Our Kids’ Lens of the World
- Back to School & Back Online
- Online Gaming Safety & Microsoft® Xbox
- Social Media & Social Causes
- Supporting Our Kids' Physical, Mental, and Digital Wellness
- Kids and Media Trends to Watch
- Raising Gamers: Teaching Kids to Play it Safe
- Selfie Safety: Helping Kids Prevent Risks with Cameras
- COVID-19: Finding Reliable Vaccine Information Online
- How Algorithms Perpetuate Inequality
- Representation and the Impact in Social Media
- Let’s Talk TikTok
- Bullying and Hate: How to Respond and Build Resilience in Kids
- Kids and Autism: Supporting Safe and Healthy Technology Use
- Advertising, Personal Information, and the Free Apps We Love