- For Parents and Teachers
- Advertising, Personal Information, and the Free Apps We...
Advertising, Personal Information, and the Free Apps We Love
Managing Family Life Online Webinar 21
Recorded: April 28, 2021
Practical Advice, Useful Tips, and Resources
The popularity of so many apps has largely been driven by the fact that they are free. While we can do some things to protect our privacy online, this is limited by the fact that we are exchanging personal information for the use of free apps every day. What kinds of personal information is collected and most interesting to advertisers? And how do we teach our children to better understand the business of “free”? Hear more from executives in the digital advertising industry on the data that drives their decisions and the constantly changing digital landscape.
Join Trend Micro’s Lynette Owens with guests Cynthia Machata, NA Managing Director, Mx Planning, Havas Media and Meghan McGuirk, VP Group Director, Digital Investments, Havas Media for an hour of discussion. ASL interpretation available.
Read our Blog
Did you find this helpful?
Give us your feedback
- Setting Up Your Home
- Spot & Stop Misinformation on COVID-19
- Protect Your Family on Videochat Apps
- How to Handle Bullying When We're Always Online
- Dealing with Screentime Challenges
- Helping Kids Stay Safe While Gaming Online
- Social Media and Our Kids’ Lens of the World
- Back to School & Back Online
- Online Gaming Safety & Microsoft® Xbox
- Social Media & Social Causes
- Supporting Our Kids' Physical, Mental, and Digital Wellness
- Kids and Media Trends to Watch
- Raising Gamers: Teaching Kids to Play it Safe
- Selfie Safety: Helping Kids Prevent Risks with Cameras
- COVID-19: Finding Reliable Vaccine Information Online
- How Algorithms Perpetuate Inequality
- Representation and the Impact in Social Media
- Let’s Talk TikTok
- Bullying and Hate: How to Respond and Build Resilience in Kids
- Kids and Autism: Supporting Safe and Healthy Technology Use
- Advertising, Personal Information, and the Free Apps We Love