Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- June 30, 2022In past decades, we have seen how the web has drastically evolved. From the static, read-only version of Web 1.0, we have witnessed its transformation to its present mode — as the dynamic, interactive, and content creator-driven iteration that is Web 2.0.
- May 24, 2022Our research uncovers the tools and techniques used by Earth Berberoka across different platforms to target online gambling sites.
- April 26, 2022Our research examines how cloud tunneling services work and how organizations can thwart threats that abuse them.
- April 19, 2022The Data Distribution Service (DDS) standard drives thousands of systems every day as a middleware component for machine-to-machine communication with real-time requirements.
- March 29, 2022Our research into cloud-based cryptocurrency mining sheds light on the malicious actor groups involved in this space, their ongoing battle for cloud resources, and the actual extent of the impact of their attacks.
Keeping a Close Watch: Trend Micro Specialized Cybersecurity Report for Latin America and the CaribbeanMarch 11, 2022In collaboration with the Cybersecurity Program of OAS/CICTE, we examine the cybersecurity challenges affecting member states of the OAS. These issues include ransomware and active attacks, threats related to remote work, and the risks brought about by the adoption of new technologies.
- February 15, 2022SMS PVA services allow their customers to create disposable user profiles or register verified accounts on many popular platforms. Unfortunately, criminals can misuse these services to conduct fraud or other malicious activities.
- February 09, 2022The popularity of QR codes has created fertile ground for malicous actors to spruce up their malware tool kit for scams that steal not only personal information but also hard-earned assets that are impossible to recover once lost. We take a closer look at the different QR code-related scams and provide helpful tips on how to use QR codes safely.
- January 18, 2022More organizations are applying a DevOps thought-process and methodology to optimize software development. One of the main tools used in this process is a continuous integration (CI) tool, which automates the integration of code changes from multiple developers working on the same project.