Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- August 24, 2021Our research provides a detailed analysis of the new tools and techniques used by Earth Baku in its cyberespionage campaign against organizations in the Indo-Pacific region.
- August 23, 2021Linux powers many cloud infrastructures today. However, it is not immune to threats and risks. We discuss several pressing security issues including malware and vulnerabilities that compromise Linux systems in the first half of 2021.
- July 20, 2021Our research sheds light on the tools and techniques used by TeamTNT and the potential impact of the group’s sundry malicious activities.
- June 15, 2021Ransomware-stricken organizations grapple with multilevel extortion schemes that are advancing at an alarming rate. What exactly happens in these campaigns? We scrutinize three active ransomware families associated with these schemes to find out.
- June 08, 2021Modern ransomware like Nefilim present new challenges and security concerns for enterprises across the world. How do these new families differ from traditional ransomware? And what can organizations do to mitigate risks?
- April 29, 2021These tools were intended for use in security research and other authorized purposes. However, cybercriminals have found a way to exploit them for ransomware campaigns. What are some of these tools and how exactly are they weaponized?
- April 05, 2021Many employees have set up makeshift work spaces in their homes. This could leave them more susceptible to ransomware attacks that take advantage of vulnerabilities in unsecured spaces.
- February 03, 2021Ransomware continues the trend of targeted attacks but with the added challenge of double extortion. Organizations need to be one step ahead of such coercive tactics to avoid potential disruptions, financial losses, and reputational damage.
- January 26, 2021This article aims to discuss the Linux threat landscape and examine how Linux has become an attractive target for attackers, as well as how it can be prone to a variety of threats and risks.