Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- October 28, 2019A look into cryptocurrencies' state and how cybercriminals abuse miner malware to profit at the expense of legitimate businesses, how to find signs of infection, and recommendations to defend systems from its abuse.
- October 25, 2019Threat actors launched phishing attempts against several humanitarian and non-governmental organizations.
- October 22, 2019A security company found cryptocurrency miner malware running undetected in more than half of the workstations in a European international airport.
- October 21, 2019A report highlights how “access-as-a-service” providers and ransomware groups have come together to compromise and victimize more targets, mostly corporate networks.
- October 17, 2019Over 2,000 Docker hosts have been infected by a worm that discreetly uses them to mine the Monero cryptocurrency.
- October 15, 2019Imperva recently revealed the primary cause of a breach that accidentally exposed customer data (which included email addresses, hashed & salted passwords, as well as TLS and API keys).
- October 10, 2019A successful phishing attack exposed medical and personal information of around 60k patients in Indiana. The attack gave an unknown threat actor unauthorized access to the two email accounts and the information contained in them.
- October 08, 2019The RobbinHood ransomware known for targeting organizations and computers on their networks, is banking on its bad reputation to scare victims into paying ransom.
- October 08, 2019A spate of cryptocurrency-mining malware that affected Windows systems, Linux machines, and routers have been identified last September . The malware variants employed a variety of methods to hide and spread their malicious mining activities.