Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- February 03, 20205 years after the Ashley Madison breach, cybercriminals still capitalize on the incident by introducing a new sextortion scheme.
- January 31, 2020Cybercriminals used the 2019-nCoV scare to trick people into downloading email attachments that carry the Emotet malware.
- January 30, 2020Cybercriminals were found selling over 30 million credit card details from around 40K U.S. states and 100 countries.
- January 29, 2020The Interpol, together with the Indonesian National Police, announced the arrest of three Indonesian men suspected of being behind Magecart attacks.
- January 28, 2020Google indefinitely suspends extensions that use the Chrome Web Store payments while Mozilla bans 197 add-ons in a quest to halt fraudulent activities.
- January 24, 2020Over 2,000 WordPress sites were compromised by a malicious script that redirects visitors to scam sites, gains admin access, and installs fake plugins.
- January 23, 2020A recent BEC campaign targets organizations by sending them emails with IMG (disk imaging) file attachments hiding a NetWire remote access trojan.
- January 22, 2020A new sextortion scheme threatens to expose nude videos supposedly captured via victims' mobile phones and home cameras.
- January 21, 2020A hacker published a massive list of Telnet usernames and passwords for more than 515,000 servers, routers, and IoT devices.