Adobe Flash Player Vulnerability (CVE-2015-5122)
This is the a zero-day vulnerability disclosed from the Hacking Team leak. It affects all versions of Flash Player for Windows, Mac, and Linux. The bug is a Use-After-Free vulnerability involving the methods TextBlock.createTextLine() and TextBlock.recreateTextLine(textLine). If exploited, it could result in a crash that would allow an attacker to take control of the vulnerable system.
As of this writing, only a proof-of-concept exists; we are continuously monitoring to see if this has been exploited in the wild.
TREND MICRO PROTECTION INFORMATION
Vulnerability protection in Trend Micro Deep Security protects user systems from threats that may leverage this vulnerability with the following DPI rule:
- 1006858 – Adobe Flash ActionScript3 opaqueBackground Use After Free Vulnerability (CVE-2015-5122)
AFFECTED SOFTWARE AND VERSION
- Adobe Flash Player 126.96.36.199 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh
- Adobe Flash Player 188.8.131.52 and earlier versions for Linux installed with Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player Extended Support Release version 184.108.40.2062 and earlier 13.x versions for Windows and Macintosh
- Adobe Flash Player Extended Support Release version 220.127.116.111 and earlier 11.x versions for Linux