- November 26, 2015The recent US rollout of the EMV standard has America looking at their new cards, wondering what this new technology can do. With this new payment processing method, will we finally see a decline in fraudulent credit card activities?
- November 24, 2015Starwood hotels' point-of-sale (PoS) systems were found to be infected with info-stealing malware, compromising cardholder info and payment card numbers.
- November 17, 2015From big data breaches to attacks on mobile and PoS platforms, What can we learn from the past quarter's notable security stories? Are they early signs of bigger events to come?
- November 03, 2015The explosion of data breaches and PoS RAM scrapers have shown that retailers will continue to be a prime target of attackers. Senior threat researcher Numaan Huq sheds more light on PoS malware, and other future threats.
- October 12, 2015As merchants in the US adapt the new EMV payment system, should we expect to see less fraud cases? Could it have prevented the notorious Target breach of 2013?
- September 28, 2015From traditional credit cards to next-gen payment processing technologies such as EMV cards and mobile wallets, here's a look at how they work, as well as their advantages and disadvantages.
- August 01, 2015How EMV Credit Cards work, where the payment system is used, its benefits, and its weaknesses.
- April 10, 2015A closer look at a one-man operation that managed to steal more than 22,000 credit card numbers in a month using PoS malware. Learn more about the changing dynamics of the underground PoS malware economy in this research paper.
- March 12, 2015A number of high-profile attacks on retail companies made the news last year, many of which targeted point-of-sale systems, a decades-old payment mechanism used by countless retailers worldwide. Find out more.