(MS10-055) Vulnerability in Cinepak Codec Could Allow Remote Code Execution (982665)
CVE Identifier: CVE-2010-2553
Advisory Date: FEB 04, 2011
This security update resolves a privately reported vulnerability in Cinepak Codec, which may allow remote code execution if a user opens a specific media file or receives specially crafted streaming content from a Web site or any application that provides Web content.
Once exploited successfully, an attacker could gain the same user rights as the local user. However, users with lesser rights in the system are not as affected compared to those with administrative rights.
TREND MICRO PROTECTION INFORMATION
For information on patches specific to the affected software, please proceed to Microsoft Web page.
AFFECTED SOFTWARE AND VERSION
- Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Service Pack 2
- Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and Windows Vista Service Pack 2
- Windows Vista x64 Edition Service Pack 1 and Windows Vista x64 Edition Service Pack 2
- Windows 7 for 32-bit Systems
- Windows 7 for x64-based Systems