DDI RULE 26
Data de publicação: 07 dezembro 2018
C&C callback attempt
CONFIDENCE LEVEL: HIGH
This is Trend Micro detection for packets passing through any and TCP network protocols that can be used as Command and Control Communication. This also indicates a malware infection. Below are some indicators of an infected host:
- Excessive spamming, exploit attempts on hosts inside or outside the network, and denial of service (DoS) attacks on hosts outside the network, which often result in degraded network performance and further propagation of the malware.
- Creating additional administrative accounts, creating new shared folders, and interfering with the operation of security software, resulting in a weakening of overall network security.
- Keylogging and stealing of confidential data.
- Sending massive amounts of unsolicited and sometimes fraudulent, malicious, and illegal email messages that may appear to originate from your domain.
Attack Phase: Command and Control Communication
Risk Type: MALWARE
Threat Type: Malicious Behavior
Confidence Level: High
DDI Default Rule Status: Enable
Event Class: Callback
Event Sub Class: Bot
Behavior Indicator: Callback
APT Related: NO
Network Content Correlation Pattern Version: 1.12437.00
Network Content Correlation Pattern Release Date: 18 Jan 2016
- Update your Trend Micro products and pattern files to the latest version.
- Scan the host exhibiting this type of network behavior to clean any detected items.
If scanning fails to detect a malware infection:
- If possible, disconnect the host from the network to prevent any further communication or malicious activities the malware may attempt.
- Run RootkitBuster to check through hidden files, registry entries, processes, drivers, and hooked system services.
- Use the Anti-Threat Toolkit (ATTK) tools to collect undetected malware information.
- Identify and clean threats with Rescue Disk, specific to suspected threats that are persistent or difficult-to-clean. Rescue Disk allows you to use a CD, DVD, or USB drive to examine your computer without launching Microsoft Windows.
Participe da nossa pesquisa!