This hacking tool may be manually installed by a user.
It can be launched manually or by another application. After launched, it executes following steps to root the device:
- Back up self to /data/local/tmp/boomsh
- Back up /system/bin/sh to /data/local/tmp/sh
- Check if already have a 0 user ID (i.e. root privilige)
- Check system version, if the system is neither Android2.2 nor Android2.3 , it then exits
- Check the vold executable file version
- Run the exploit module according to the system version
- If the exploit module fails, it then exits
- Sets ro.kernel.qemu value to 0
- Kill and restart the ADB process
Executing the exploit roots the ADB shell.