- January 03, 2018The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) confirmed a data breach that compromised the information of 250,000 DHS individuals involved in ongoing DHS criminal investigations.
- December 20, 2017A year that saw major data breaches, including some notable ones from companies like Uber and Equifax, just saw another breach that will likely rank as among 2017’s most notable incidents.
- December 04, 2017This is the season when cybercriminals take advantage of eager holiday shoppers across the globe. Travelers and online shoppers are targets this year, and the rise in social media scams is also a cause for concern.
- December 04, 2017Bill-payment processor company TIO Networks, recently acquired by PayPal, suffered a data breach incident early this month. Social security numbers, names and addresses were included in the data compromised.
- December 01, 2017Clarksons announced that it suffered a data breach and warned that hackers might release stolen information soon. The UK shipping services provider did not disclose the size or type of the compromised data, or if any of it belonged to its customers.
- November 30, 2017Classified information from the NSA and US Army was left exposed on a misconfigured cloud server. Over 100 gigabytes of data about old intelligence-sharing projects was found on an unsecured and public Amazon Web Service (AWS) storage server.
- November 20, 2017UK pawnbroker Cash Converters revealed that it was the victim of a data breach that could have exposed sensitive data, including customer usernames, passwords, delivery addresses, and other personal details
- November 06, 2017A misconfigured Amazon S3 bucket has accidentally compromised 48,270 personally identifiable information (PII) from Australian employees working in government agencies, banks, and a utility company.
- October 10, 2017Disqus announced that a past data breach affecting millions of user accounts occurred, while details on 2014 data breaches from Bitly and Kickstarter were also disclosed.