Vulnerabilities & Exploits
- 29 октября 2014A new Shellshock attack targeting SMTP servers has been discovered. Attackers used email to deliver the exploit, which downloads and executes an IRC Bot.
- 26 октября 2014Zero-day exploits aren't the only exploits used in the targeted attack landscape. In the first half of 2014, we also found out that attackers still heavily target older vulnerabilities.
- 24 октября 2014We typically expect to see at least three to four zero-day vulnerabilities a year. October 2014 is proving to be an exception to the rule as three zero-day vulnerabilities have already been exploited within the month.
- 22 октября 2014Despite the availability of fixes related to the Sandworm vulnerability (CVE-2014-4114), new attacks related to this flaw are still being spotted. These attacks contain a new routine that could prevent detection.
- 17 октября 2014A recent investigation revealed that the Sandworm zero day exploit could likely be used to target GE Intelligent Platform CIMPLICITY users. Find out what it does and how you can safeguard your systems against this emerging attack.
- 15 октября 2014The term “secure” can only mean so much, especially in the case of the widely-used Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol version 3.0, a 15-year old design Google found to have a major flaw that possibly affects millions of Internet users.
Prepare to Patch: Microsoft Zero-Day Exploit Discovered (Update: Patch for "Sandworm" Vulnerability Released)15 октября 2014A new zero-day exploit that reportedly targets a military organization welcomes Patch Tuesday announcements as Microsoft announces a previously unknown vulnerability on Windows systems. (Update: Patch for "Sandworm" vulnerability has been released.)
- 15 октября 2014The breach of investment banking firm JP Morgan Chase has caused the leak of one of the largest number of records to date, reportedly affecting an estimated 76 million households and 7 million small businesses.
- 14 октября 2014Microsoft has announced the discovery of a zero-day vulnerability affecting all supported versions of Microsoft Windows and Windows Server 2008 and 2012 that is being used in attacks against NATO and several European industries and sectors.