Vulnerabilities & Exploits
- 02 марта 2015Recently, a security researcher disclosed that Seagate’s Network Attached Storage (NAS) unpatched vulnerabilities leaves thousands at risk. Find out what you can do to secure your NAS devices in order to avoid likely attacks.
- 25 февраля 2015Is it better to focus on defending against attacks that exploit old or new vulnerabilities? It doesn't matter. You can cover both with an IT staff that's both agile and proactive.
- 24 февраля 2015A new vulnerability was recently found in Samba, the Windows interoperability suite of programs for Linux and Unix. The vulnerability, once successfully exploited, could result in remote code execution, which may possibly compromise a server’s security.
- 17 февраля 2015Microsoft has enabled a new exploit mitigation mechanism in Windows 10 and 8.1 called Control Flow Guard that makes vulnerabilities more difficult to exploit. This paper takes an in-depth look at its implementation and weaknesses.
- 13 февраля 2015In a thorough investigation of gas pumps that use the Guardian aboveground storage tanks (AST) monitoring system in the United States, threat researchers Kyle Wilhoit and Stephen Hilt found one particular unit that has been tampered with.
- 12 февраля 20152014 Annual Security Roundup: 2014 was the year of mega breaches, hard-to-patch vulnerabilities, and thriving cybercriminal underground economies.
- 09 февраля 2015Software vulnerabilities are a fact of life, and developers and users need to be more proactive when dealing with them, rather than simply being reactive. This video talks about vulnerabilities, their effects, and what can be done about them.
- 06 февраля 2015A new Cross-site Scripting vulnerability has recently come to light, allowing cybercriminals to hijack sessions, steal authentication cookies, and launch phishing attacks. Learn about XSS and find out what you can do to prevent this type of threat.
- 02 февраля 2015Trend Micro researchers found that the recently discovered Adobe Flash player zero-day vulnerability is being abused by malware advertisements used by a top video-sharing site, among other sites. Update: Adobe has released an update that addresses this vulnera