Hacktivism: Hacktivism can be described as the use of malicious techniques such as denial of service attacks for political reasons, instead of for monetary gain or personal reasons. Read more
- June 28, 2016This research paper looks at the mining industry as a target for a broad set of threat actors, its role in regional and global supply chains, and its vulnerabilities.
- April 12, 2016A member of the hacking group Electronik Tribulation Army (ETA) pleaded guilty last week for launching a DDoS attack on a researcher's site.
- October 27, 2015From new extortion schemes and IoT threats to improved cybercrime legislation, Trend Micro predicts how the security landscape is going to look like in 2016.
- August 17, 2015While not done for profit, hacktivism has forced companies and organizations to face critical security challenges. Find out what it is and how it evolved from being the “Internet’s voice” to one of today's biggest security threats.
- January 21, 2015A pro-Russian group called CyberBerkut claimed responsibility for a recent hack on certain German government websites in early January. More information regarding its members and how they did have also surfaced.
- October 14, 2014As agents of online hacktivist movements continue to target the websites of government, education, health, and other industries, what can web administrators do to prepare for them?