- July 21, 2020Underground platforms are part of a mature ecosystem for trading cybercrime goods and services. How does a capable hosting infrastructure allow illicit activities to thrive?
- May 26, 2020An Investigation into the Current Condition of Underground Markets and Cybercriminal Forums
- September 10, 2019Understanding current and future threats to the internet of things (IoT) can help shape how we secure this technology that is increasingly becoming integral to today's world. What insights can be reaped from the cybercrime underground?
- February 08, 2019Our continued forays into the cybercriminal underground allowed us to see how the tactics and techniques used to attack financial organizations changed over the years.
- January 14, 2019While underground forums have long been the purview of digital or internet-enabled crimes, recent developments have shown signs of increasing synergy and interaction between traditional criminals and cybercrime actors.
- January 07, 2019Although the general public thinks of underground forums as a place where scams and suspicious dealings are rampant, the opposite is usually true: the threat actors who inhabit these sites often consider their reputation a major asset.
- December 20, 2017In the past several years, traveling cybercriminals have toured around the world on the cheap, thanks to the fraudulent online transactions involving travel documents, airline and hotel loyalty accounts, and other travel-related services in the underground.
- March 09, 2017In 2012, we predicted that we would soon see an African underground market take root. Our recent joint research effort with the INTERPOL on the West African threat landscape may just be even greater proof of that.
- February 21, 2017Research on how the healthcare sector has evolved as a preferred target for cybercriminals, how stolen records are monetized, what types of data are stolen, and how much they're sold for in the underground.