- September 14, 2018Cryptocurrency-mining malware is not the only type of cryptocurrency-related threat — cybercriminals have resorted to using various tools and techniques designed to scam cryptocurrency exchange users, pilfer their funds, or steal their personal information.
- December 07, 2017Cryptocurrency-mining marketplace NiceHash confirmed that the contents stored in its Bitcoin wallet were stolen. The losses reportedly amount to nearly 4,700 bitcoins, or US$64 million.
- November 15, 2017A new report reveals Coinhive's reach after it ranked the coin miner as the 6th most common malware in the world.
- October 30, 2017Cryptocurrency miners are looking for new ways to profit. Here are some of the ways they've been doing it.
- October 26, 2017A weak password allowed malicious actors to compromise Coinhive's DNS servers. They were able to redirect Monero to their own wallets, exploiting the "browser-mining" service.
- October 05, 2017Our data shows a huge increase in home network attacks attempting cryptocurrency mining activities. This spike coincides with the recent rise in the value of major cryptocurrencies.
- July 05, 2017As cryptocurrencies like bitcoin are more widely used, so will the threats that cybercriminals use to abuse it. Here’s a closer look at cryptocurrency-mining malware—their emergence in the threat landscape, impact, and some countermeasures against them.
- July 04, 2017A social engineering attack shut down a popular Ethereum Classic wallet. But apart from this type of attack there are more sophisticated threats on the landscape.
- February 22, 2016The Linux Mint website has been hacked and was found to be pointing to malicious ISOs that contained an IRC bot. What happened and who is affected?