Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- 20 de octubre de 2022From articles to hackathons, cybercriminals are resorting to crowdsourcing to find more ways to exploit systems. In this article, we tackle these contests, explore their results, and anticipate their possible impacts on the work of cybersecurity defenders.
- 05 de octubre de 2022Remote and hybrid workplaces are now the norm. We highlight some risks and threats to these setups and detail recommendations for organizations to keep their diffused labor pool secure.
- 04 de octubre de 2022Our research on APT group Earth Aughisky (aka Taidoor) lists the observed malware, connections, and developments attributed to the group. We also include our insights on the possible implications of changes in the organization's activities for their current and future victims.
- 24 de agosto de 2022Cybercriminal groups cannot operate independently. To keep their operations up and running, they need specific services provided by third parties. We investigate one such business that has been integral to the activities of a number of high-profile gangs.
- 08 de agosto de 2022Innovators are diving into a new and immersive virtual space, but with new technology comes new threats. We bring forward possible problematic issues that metaverse pioneers should be wary of.
- 30 de junio de 2022In past decades, we have seen how the web has drastically evolved. From the static, read-only version of Web 1.0, we have witnessed its transformation to its present mode — as the dynamic, interactive, and content creator-driven iteration that is Web 2.0.
- 24 de mayo de 2022Our research uncovers the tools and techniques used by Earth Berberoka across different platforms to target online gambling sites.
- 26 de abril de 2022Our research examines how cloud tunneling services work and how organizations can thwart threats that abuse them.
- 19 de abril de 2022The Data Distribution Service (DDS) standard drives thousands of systems every day as a middleware component for machine-to-machine communication with real-time requirements.