Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- 16 de abril de 2020Fake installers of popular messaging apps such as Viber and WhatsApp are propagated via fraudulent Russian websites. The installers are believed to be adware.
- 13 de abril de 2020Researchers detected the “Twin Flower” campaign that simulates increased clicks to boost network traffic, boosting SEO ranking and advertising revenue.
- 08 de abril de 2020Trend Micro researchers detected a new courier service themed malicious spam campaign that uses ACE files as attachments.
- 06 de abril de 2020Cybercriminals exploit a feature in Excel that allows users to hide sheets by hiding obfuscated suspicious formulas in a “Very Hidden” sheet.
- 03 de abril de 2020Trend Micro’s Managed XDR (MxDR) and Incident Response (IR) teams recently investigated an incident involving a company that was hit by the Nefilim ransomware.
- 01 de abril de 2020Threat actors use Evernote and other platforms such as Canva, Lucidpress, and Infogram as host pages for credential phishing.
- 31 de marzo de 2020Users of video conferencing app Zoom have been targeted using suspicious domains, malicious files, and ‘Zoom bombing’ as threat actors take advantage of work-from-home arrangements brought about by COVID-19.
- 30 de marzo de 2020At least 25 people allegedly including a kingpin were arrested for card fraud by Russian federal investigators.
- 26 de marzo de 2020There has been an influx of employees signing in remotely to corporate networks and using cloud-based applications. But this shift could also open doors to security risks. Where should security fit in?