Vulnerabilities & Exploits
- September 13, 2018Security researchers uncovered a new exploit kit, which they’ve named Fallout, delivering downloader trojans, potentially unwanted applications (PUAs), and notably the GandCrab ransomware.
- September 12, 2018New variants of Mirai and Gafgyt botnets were found targeting well-known vulnerabilities using multiple exploits directed at enterprises for possible DDoS attacks, including the flaw used in the 2017 Equifax data breach.
- August 29, 2018Enterprises are increasingly using hybrid environments, but this move can come with risks and challenges especially for organizations adopting DevOps. How can hybrid cloud security fit naturally into development processes?
- August 28, 2018A review of the first half of 2018 shows a threat landscape that not only has constant and familiar features but also has morphing and uncharted facets: Ever-present threats steadily grew while emerging ones used stealth.
- August 24, 2018Users of the Apache Struts are urged to update to its latest version after security researchers uncovered a critical remote code execution (RCE) vulnerability in the web application development framework.
- August 20, 2018At DEF CON 2018, security researchers demonstrated how they were able to infiltrate networks by exploiting vulnerabilities in printers. Here's how managed detection and response can help address similar threats.
- August 15, 2018Security researchers uncovered vulnerabilities affecting the speculative execution feature of Intel CPUs, similar to Spectre and Meltdown. Here's what you need to know.
- June 29, 2018Researchers discovered a WordPress core vulnerability that can allow attackers to gain control of web sites and execute arbitrary code.
- June 22, 2018Four vulnerabilities, including two critical ones, in Phoenix Contact switches used in industrial systems automation could be exploited for attacks. Affected companies are strongly advised to apply patches immediately.