Vulnerabilities & Exploits
- March 20, 2018As environments become progressively interconnected, threats become increasingly complicated. The top security events of the past year make this apparent — and their repercussions make the implementation of smart protections all the more important.
- March 13, 2018A new research demonstrated a proof-of-concept attack they named “Mosquito,” which can exfiltrate data from online and air-gapped computers using speakers and headphones.
- March 07, 2018Researchers have discovered a vulnerability in the mail transfer agent (MTA) Exim. If exploited, attackers could execute arbitrary code on vulnerable servers remotely. Exim has already released a patch for this and urges everyone to update immediately.
- March 06, 2018An update of the Spectre attacks called SgxPectre can obtain data from Intel's SGX enclaves, which are supposedly secure repositories for sensitive and valuable data.
- February 27, 2018Vulnerabilities in Facebook’s Account Kit and how it's implemented by Tinder can potentially let hackers take over Tinder accounts using only the victim’s phone number. How can DevOps figure in the equation?
- February 27, 2018A new campaign exploiting CVE-2018-4878 involves the use of malicious spam — specifically with a spam email that with an embedded link that directs the recipient to a Microsoft Word lure document.
- February 26, 2018We delved into 2017’s most notable threats to see what lies ahead in the mobile landscape, and what users and organizations can do to navigate it in 2018 and beyond.
- February 02, 2018In a security alert posted on its website on January 31, The South Korean Computer Emergency Response Team (KR-CERT) warned of a zero-day vulnerability in Adobe Flash player that could be maliciously exploited.
- February 01, 2018New vulnerabilities in a gas station software that could allow attackers to pull off a variety of malicious attacks, which includes shutting down fuel pumps, hijacking credit card payments, and taking control of systems connected to a gas station.