- February 21, 2024The threat actors behind the Rhysida ransomware targeted multiple industries by posing as a cybersecurity team that offered to help its victims identify security weaknesses in their networks and systems. Although the group’s activity was first observed back in May 2023, its leak site was established as early as March 2023. Like other ransomware groups, it employs double extortion tactics to pressure its victims into paying a ransom demand in Bitcoin.
- February 20, 2024The LockBit intrusion set, tracked by Trend Micro as Water Selkie, has one of the most active ransomware operations today. With LockBit’s strong malware capabilities and affiliate program, organizations should keep abreast of its machinations to effectively spot risks and defend against attacks.
- February 08, 2024We delve into the multifaceted nature of cloud cyberthreats in 2024, from the stealthy dangers of data poisoning in machine learning models to the complexities of securing APIs, and more.
- January 31, 2024Attackers abuse different supply-chain scenarios to indirectly compromise organizations and applications. We delve into how a software pipeline works, where attacks could come from, and how to improve security.
- January 24, 2024In this article, we confront contemporary cryptography with a (so far) hypothetical quantum computer to show how asymmetric algorithms may potentially be broken if quantum computing technology becomes viable. First, we take a step into some basic mathematical objects.
- January 18, 2024In this entry, the second in our series on post-quantum cryptography, we delve into the history of quantum computing, its foundation in quantum mechanics, and the kind of complex problems quantum computers will be able to solve.
- January 11, 2024Distributed energy generation (DEG) is a term used to describe the shift from centralized energy generation, such as power companies, to a source — typically a renewable energy source — closer to the user.
- December 14, 2023In this article, we dive into API gateway functions and risks, the advantages of API gateways in hybrid and multi-cloud environments, and common API security risks and best practices.
- December 12, 2023VicOne’s annual cyberthreat landscape report gives an idea of the coming reality of cyberthreats to modern cars. A chief concern is the vulnerabilities that could spell new risks to the connected vehicle ecosystem.