Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- 29 mars 2023Our research identifies sensitive environmental variables in the Microsoft Azure environment that, when leaked, can be used by malicious actors to compromise the entire serverless environment.
- 28 mars 2023We looked into professional and business networking platform LinkedIn and how cybercriminals abuse the platform to victimize users and companies, and how they monetize posted personal, career, and organizational information.
- 16 mars 2023In this article, we briefly detail what IPFS is and how it works at the user level, before providing up to date statistics about the current usage of IPFS by cybercriminals, especially for hosting phishing content. We will also discuss emerging new cybercrime activities abusing the IPFS protocol and detail how cybercriminals already consider IPFS for their deeds.
- 28 février 2023A look into the cybercriminal gender gap, the status and perceptions on gender profiles in the underground, and the role assumptions have for law enforcement.
- 23 février 2023Our research paper shows how decision-makers that are in a position to affect ransomware at scale – including policy-makers and industry leaders – can use data-science approaches to understand ransomware risk holistically and build cybersecurity strategies that can affect the ransomware ecosystem as a whole.
- 05 janvier 2023In this report, we examine how these low-level threats have evolved through the years and discuss the three types of low-level threats that affect Windows systems. The categorization of more than 60 of the most noteworthy Windows low-level threats observed in the wild from 2015 to 2022 and where these threats stand in today’s threat landscape are discussed.
- 15 décembre 2022Our research looks at the potential evolutions and revolutions in the current ransomware landscape based on significant triggers and catalysts. We highlight the specific developments (triggers) that could cause gradual changes (evolutions) before sparking more drastic transformations (revolutions).
- 20 octobre 2022From articles to hackathons, cybercriminals are resorting to crowdsourcing to find more ways to exploit systems. In this article, we tackle these contests, explore their results, and anticipate their possible impacts on the work of cybersecurity defenders.
- 05 octobre 2022Remote and hybrid workplaces are now the norm. We highlight some risks and threats to these setups and detail recommendations for organizations to keep their diffused labor pool secure.