Bandage Damage Cleanup Template (DCT) is an immediate cleaning solution provided to address system infection cause by a specific malware.
This tool supports the following features:
- Terminating a malware instance in memory
- Removing malware registry entries
- Removing malware entries from system files
- Scanning for and deleting malware copies in specific locations
How To Use Bandage DCT
- Create a temporary folder and extract TSC_xxx.ZIP into this folder.
(NOTE: This temporary folder should be created on a local drive.)
- Run the executable file TSC.EXE.
(NOTE: This package generates a log file in the REPORT folder, similar to the one shown below.)
- Open the log file in Notepad or any text editor.
- Scroll down to the last section of the log file to view the results.
- Restart the system if the log file contains a pending system restart.
- Perform a full scan of your computer using your Trend Micro product.
(NOTE: It is important to perform full scan on your system including all fixed and mapped drives specially if you are cleaning USB malware.)
- Export the detection log (.CSV file) to verify that the detection no longer exists.
For any problemsencountered, please collect the following files and submit to Trend Micro for verification:
- log file inside REPORT folder
- detection log (.CSV file)